Starting out in textiles way back in the 1930s, no one expected Toyota to become one of the world’s largest auto manufacturers by 2012. Then again, you’ll probably feel foolish for expecting anything less. On top of significant investments in research and development – more than any other company globally – Toyota has some of the most impressive sales figures in the entire business (after all, who wouldn’t be wowed by the fact that they sell one Corolla every 27 seconds*?!). And to drive? Well, it’s certainly one of the reasons so many people keep coming back for more.
It’s worth taking out a Toyota warranty that covers your car in the event of an unexpected mechanical or electrical fault. This way, you’ll avoid a hefty repair bill and be able to get back to running your vehicle without much hassle at all. And just as your car warranty protects your pride and joy whilst they’re on the road, your account with MotorEasy should give you just as much peace of mind.
Why Do I Need A Toyota Warranty?
Our warranties are designed to offer the best combination of cover and value, delivering many features that aren’t available with a Toyota manufacturer warranty. Our plans cover:
- Failures identified during MOTs and servicing
- Wear and tear – a feature not present in a standard Toyota manufacturer warranty
- Consequential damage as standard, meaning repairs or replacements are covered when directly impacted by a failure
- Failures caused by overheating
- Air conditioning problems
Toyota Reliability: A MotorEasy Study
The MotorEasy Reliability Index measures the dependability of a car, as an average of the frequency and cost of repairs for over 1,200 models. It reveals some of the hidden costs of ownership, as well as the likelihood of something going wrong. Each model is given a reliability score ranging from -100 (red), for a high frequency and/or high cost of repair, through to +100 (green), where there is a low frequency and cost of repair.
The index also includes model-specific data on:
- The typical repairs needed for each model, including the percentage of claims for engine, gearbox, electrical system, suspension, braking system and fuel system repairs.
- The average cost for each of the above types of repairs
Select from the list below to view Toyota reliability index data:
The Benefits Of A MotorEasy Warranty
Having a MotorEasy warranty for your Toyota means you will also have access to benefits like:
- Our monitored repair process tracking workshop progress and ensuring work is completed to agreed standards
- We pay network garages directly, meaning you are never out of pocket
- Access to our network of 10,000 garages nationwide
- Collection and delivery from your home or work
- 24/7 online booking
- Free online account area where you can create a digital logbook for your car, with access to useful reminder dates and a range of value-add discounts
MotorEasy provides warranties across the Toyota range and these benefits are available for warranties on all manufacturers. Enter your registration and mileage in our quote engine to choose a plan tailored to your Toyota's age and condition. You can also opt for a Lite plan, designed to pay-out in the event that your car has broken down and needs roadside recovery.
How Do I Get a Toyota Warranty With MotorEasy?
To get a quote for a warranty with MotorEasy, all you have to do is enter your registration number on our quote journey. If you’d prefer, you can call us on freephone 0800 131 0001 to discuss any specific requirements you may have for your vehicle.
Whether you already own your Toyota or are buying a luxurious used model, whichever warranty, you pick with us promises a great deal. For a motoring marketplace like no other, it’s worth visiting MotorEasy if you want a quote that gives you coverage as well as value for money.
Recent Paid Maintenance and Repairs for Toyota Cars
Toyota may have a reputation as one of the most reliable car makes on the market today, but that doesn’t mean its models aren’t susceptible to expensive mechanical and electrical repair costs, especially if they’ve been on the road for quite some time. Become familiar with some common repairs associated with Toyota cars so you know exactly which MotorEasy plan will serve you best. To get started, check out our guide below:
- RAV-4: Up there with some of the biggest jobs involving a Toyota was when we dressed a RAV-4 with a completely new engine. The final bill came to £2,466, including diagnostics, parts and labour. This is why you should get protection from MotorEasy, where you can select a Toyota warranty that suits both your car and your wallet.
- Proace: One of the complicated jobs completed on this car recently totalled £1,795.20; the work was miscellaneous and involved restoring a lot of the vehicle’s original components. Safeguard your Toyota against unexpected repair costs by taking out an extended warranty with MotorEasy today.
- IQ: We put a new engine in one of these cars and it came to £4,326, including parts and labour. Most people would find it difficult paying such hefty bills outright, but a comprehensive Toyota warranty with MotorEasy can take away the pressure entirely.
- Aygo: Recently, we did a job that involved reconditioning the gearbox in one of these vehicles. This totalled £1,017.19, including diagnostics, parts and labour. Protection from MotorEasy in the form of a Toyota warranty that suits both your car and your wallet is essential to safeguard against such repair costs.
- Auris: Work on the external clutch actuator in these cars is a common repair we undertake; the most expensive fix we've made to date on this component is £1,327.2. Unexpected repair costs like this can be stressful to deal with, but by taking out an extended Toyota warranty with MotorEasy, you don't have to worry.
- Yaris: We replaced the throttle body in one of these cars recently, which came to £1,192.52, including diagnostics, parts and labour. Expensive bills like this are difficult to pay outright, so take away the pressure by obtaining a comprehensive Toyota warranty with MotorEasy.
*Sales data collected from official manufacturer’s site.