Produced by the British Motor Corporation, Mini started life as a range of small cars; it was only when BMW AG bought the marque in 1994 that it became a make in its own right. And thanks to its rich blend of style and affordability, Minis continue to be one of the most sought-after variants of car in the UK.
Fun-loving and retro, the iconic Mini is available in a range of body types: from hatchbacks to SUVs; coupes to convertibles, there’s a Mini out there for everyone. Which means it’s up to you what warranty you get for your specific model. No matter the shape or size of your Mini, you can relax knowing that you’re properly covered with MotorEasy.
Why Do I Need A Mini Extended Car Warranty?
Our warranties are designed to offer the best combination of cover and value, delivering many features that aren’t available with a Mini manufacturer warranty. Our plans cover:
- Failures identified during MOTs and servicing
- Wear and tear – a feature not present in a standard Mini manufacturer warranty
- Consequential damage as standard, meaning repairs or replacements are covered when directly impacted by a failure
- Failures caused by overheating
- Air conditioning problems
Mini Reliability: A MotorEasy Study
The MotorEasy Reliability Index measures the dependability of a car, as an average of the frequency and cost of repairs for over 1,200 models. It reveals some of the hidden costs of ownership, as well as the likelihood of something going wrong. Each model is given a reliability score ranging from -100 (red), for a high frequency and/or high cost of repair, through to +100 (green), where there is a low frequency and cost of repair.
The index also includes model-specific data on:
- The typical repairs needed for each model, including the percentage of claims for engine, gearbox, electrical system, suspension, braking system and fuel system repairs.
- The average cost for each of the above types of repairs
Select from the list below to view Mini reliability index data:
The Benefits Of A MotorEasy Warranty
Having a MotorEasy warranty for your Mini means you will also have access to benefits like:
- Our monitored repair process tracking workshop progress and ensuring work is completed to agreed standards
- We pay network garages directly, meaning you are never out of pocket
- Access to our network of 10,000 garages nationwide
- Collection and delivery from your home or work
- 24/7 online booking
- Free online account area where you can create a digital logbook for your car, with access to useful reminder dates and a range of value-add discounts
MotorEasy provides warranties across the Mini range and these benefits are available for warranties on all manufacturers. Enter your registration and mileage in our quote engine to choose a plan tailored to your Toyota's age and condition. You can also opt for a Lite plan, designed to pay-out in the event that your car has broken down and needs roadside recovery.
Mini Warranty Comparison: Average MotorEasy Quotes vs Manufacturer Comprehensive Warranty
As of November 2020, MotorEasy has researched the average price of a Mini extended car warranty, and compared it with the MotorEasy equivalent to find which warranty is better value for money. The following quotes are average prices based on a MotorEasy Plan A warranty and Mini warranty with £0 excess. Prices and savings correct as of November 2020.
|Model||Age (years)||MotorEasy Warranty||Mini Warranty||Saving|
|Convertible Cooper S||3||£478||£932||£454|
|Countryman Cooper D All4||3||£452||£517||£65|
|Paceman Cooper All4||4||£496||£516||£20|
On average, a MotorEasy car warranty could save you £212 than going to the manufacturer directly. These prices also don’t consider MotorEasy discounts or promotions, so the savings could be even more substantial.
Can I Get A Mini Warranty Quote?
Yes! To get your free online quote today, simply visit our quote page. You’ll then need to fill in your registration number, as well as your personal details. And with that, your Mini warranty request is complete – you should receive an estimate in a matter of moments.
On the other hand – should you wish to discuss your warranty requirements at length – we are more than happy you talk to you and help you figure out the best solution for your car. Reach us (for free) on 0800 131 0001.
Recent Repairs: Mini
Of course, Mini’s stylishness and performance track record make it highly appealing, but even these cars aren’t immune to mechanical failure from time to time. Common repair costs for Minis are certainly varied, which is why we’ve put together the following guide, where you’ll find all you need to know about your car’s frequent faults and how much it’ll cost to fix if something goes wrong on the road:
- Hatch: Replacing the drive chains is a frequent repair job we undertake for these Minis. Costs have ranged anywhere between £1,080 and £1,455.35, which simply aren't realistic to pay outright! By taking out a Mini warranty with MotorEasy, you’ll ensure that both your bank balance and peace of mind aren’t drained.
- Cooper S: We get a lot of requests for turbo repairs on this type of car. This can be quite expensive; for instance, on three separate models, work came to £1,335.22, £1,894.09, and £2,028 respectively, owing to the varying extent of the repairs carried out. Avoid such high repair bills when you safeguard your Mini’s repair costs with a warranty from MotorEasy.
- Convertible: The high-pressure fuel pump is a recurring repair for these models. The cheapest we’ve ever fixed one for to date is £1,084.24 and the most expensive is £1,763.88. These are exactly the kinds of bills Mini owners could do without, which is why a comprehensive car warranty with MotorEasy is important.
- Countryman: Restoring the clutch plate is a regular repair job we make to these Minis. Our most expensive bill to date is £2,039.29, which no one should have to pay outright! Take out a Mini warranty with MotorEasy and keep both your bank balance and peace of mind secure.
- Coupe: We have been requested for NSF coil spring/torsion bar repairs on this model of car. This can be pricey; for example, on one occasion, work came to £264.52, which may not seem like a lot, but is enough to cause unnecessary hassle and stress. Such high repair bills are no longer your problem when you safeguard your Mini with a comprehensive warranty from MotorEasy.
- Roadster: Thermostat housing is a common repair for this model of Mini. We fixed one for £278.32, a small amount to some but to the owner, it was massive, especially given that it came from completely out of the blue! These kinds of bills stress out Mini owners unnecessarily, which is why you should take out a comprehensive car warranty with MotorEasy.